Mangoes have been 5 for 5 dollars at Whole Foods for the past two weeks, so I decided to take advantage and pick a whole bunch up. I used the first three for a mango salsa that I served with grilled kabobs the other night.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, sliced and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeños, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- Salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, toss, and serve over fish or with homemade tortilla chips.